<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, August 28, 2003

Reuters Wins the Prize
I just spent 10 minutes to check out some news reporting. I searched Yahoo News for stories including the words Israel and terror* (ie terror, terrorism, terrorist). Then I checked to see how many of those stories contained the moronic "tit-for-tat" or "cycle of violence." For all news sources in Yahoo News, 4% of stories contained one of those qualifications. Among AP stories, 5% had those specific qualifications. At Reuters, 11% did.

Now, in fairness, I didn't read all those stories. Some stories without those phrases could still contain the moral equivalence that is Reuters life-blood. Also, conceivably, a story could have criticized that phrase, and it would still turn up in my search. None the less, I think my results are telling.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?