<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, October 26, 2003

Down With Moderates
Frank J. is bashing moderates on his page.

There is now a Centrist Coalition blog. I hate moderates... much more than even liberals. I bet Satan is a moderate; the best way to get evil accepted is to package it with some good. That's what moderates do; they're always like, "Oh! I'm so special because I don't take a firm stance on issues, and I see value in everyone's viewpoints." I bet right now a moderate is reading this and partially agreeing with it. Damn you!

That reminds me of something Ronald Reagan said. Not as funny, but wise words.

I urge you to beware the temptation of pride - the temptation of blithely declaring yourselves above it all and label both sides equally at fault, to ignore the facts of history and the aggressive impulses of an evil empire, to simply call the arms race a giant misunderstanding and thereby remove yourself from the struggle between right and wrong and good and evil.

That was 1983 and Ron was talking about the Soviets, of course, but we still see this impulse today. While not rushing to judgment is wise, refusing to make any judgment is just cowardice.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?