<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, December 26, 2003

Dean on Jesus
Check out this headline from the Washington Times:
Dean touts a 'Jesus strategy'
Pardon my cynicism, but I think this is an act aimed at getting votes. I doubt this will help him, expecially when viewed in the context of his leaving the Episcopal church over a bike path. Plus his wife and kids are Jewish. I mean, I have no problem with a Jewish family or a lack of faith. I view these as plusses. But I am a tiny minority. And I do have a problem with what I percieve to be dishonesty.

[Y]esterday [Dean] told the Boston Globe that he is a committed follower of Jesus Christ and suggested that this would be a winning campaign issue. Mr. Dean said he will start mentioning God and Christ as the campaign moves into the South.

And I wonder if this will turn off any of his early supporters. They seem able to overlook a lot, but eventually they will stop recognizing the anti-war rabble-rouser.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?