<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Lebanon et al
Obviously, I am way behind on all the changes in the ME, but I found a couple statements I wanted to record. W is starting to look like a freakin genius. As corny as it is, I litterly shivered when I read this in the WaPo:

"It's strange for me to say it, but this process of change has started because
of the American invasion of Iraq," explains Jumblatt. "I was cynical about Iraq.
But when I saw the Iraqi people voting three weeks ago, 8 million of them, it
was the start of a new Arab world."


And it is spreading.

The best evidence that something is happening comes from the autocrats
themselves. Mubarak, under mounting pressure from the Egyptian political elite,
on Saturday abandoned his plan to extend his term in office through an
uncontested referendum later this year.

Here is a discussion from Captain Ed who says, "This transformation didn't just happen to coincide with the terms of Bush, Blair, and Howard."


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?